Andando seeks to alleviate poverty through community development in rural Senegal.
By focusing on the growth of the whole village - water, health, education, agriculture, literacy, and small business - and developing long-term partnerships, Andando strives to create thriving communities rooted in sustainable solutions that give ownership to those participating in our programs.
Together, We've Seen:
- Over 500 women participating in our community garden program, increasing family nutrition and boosting income by 25%
- A 50% increase in test scores in the schools we partner with in our education initiatives
- 2500+ rural Senegalese benefitting from solar energy installations
- Over 500 microloans made to rural farmers and small business owners
- Two schools constructed and being used by 500+ students with limited educational opportunities
- Three rural health posts constructed to improve access for those most in need